Why Are There So Many Kinds of Vibrators?
Q: “Why are there so many kinds of vibrators and which one is the best?”
A: Vibrators are different because people are different! There’s no one “right” or “best” kind of vibrator—or any sex toy, or any sex act—because everybody has a slightly unique set of preferences. Plus it’s fun to change up your routine by trying new kinds of stimulation.
But vibrators do fit into different categories: bullet, lipstick and mini vibes, rabbit and butterfly dual stimulators, classic slimline vibes, G-spot vibes and vibrating dildos, and wand vibes. Plus there are vibrating cock rings, vibrating butt plugs, and penis vibrators too, to stimulate those pleasure points.
The key to choosing the right vibrator for you is figuring out what kind of stimulation you’re after. Do you want:
- Focused stimulation (of the clitoris, frenulum, or nipples)? Then go for a bullet vibe!
- Something discreet and/or easy to travel with? A bullet or mini wand is ideal.
- A smooth and simple toy that you could use either vaginally or externally? Check out a classic slimline vibe.
- Something powerful that could be used for either G-spot or clitoral play? Then a quality G-spot vibrator it is.
- A more realistic toy? Vibrating dildos come in phallic and non-phallic shapes.
- G-spot plus clitoral stimulation at once? A rabbit vibe can provide both!
The best way to learn what is best for you is by experimenting and trying things out. Talk to a sales rep at your favorite retail store for personal recommendations, and read/watch toy reviews to see what others think about a particular product that you are curious about exploring. Good luck on the search for the perfect vibe for you!